The Facebook Group
Habit of the month
set at timer for the same time every day and take 5 very deep, slow breaths
(click the image to open)
prep 2 min : makes 1 mask
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp melted honey
- a squeeze of lemon juice (or lemon essential oil)
- Mix it all up and lather on your face after cleansing.
- Sit down for 10 minutes with your feet up and a good book or podcast then wash off with a warm wet washer.
prep 2 min
- 1 tbsp fine ground coffee beans
- 1 tbsp sugar (any type will do except icing sugar)
- About 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Mix it all together into a paste-like consistency (you might need a little extra cocont oil).
- Rub onto dry skin (in the shower) using a loofa or washer.
- Rinse off.
prep 2 min : cook 5 min : serves – about a block
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp raw cacao
- honey (about a tsp but you need to taste it and sweeten to your liking)
- 1/2 cup puffed brown rice
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil (make sure it’s 100% pure – I use dōTERRA
- Line a 20x20cm baking tin with baking paper (or a silicone liner).
- Place the cacao butter, peanut butter and honey in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until melted.
- Add the cacao and mix it through.
- Take off the heat and stir through the essential oil and puffed rice.
- Pour into the tin and refridgerate.
- Once solid, break into shards and pop in an airtight container back in the fridge.
You can use anything in place of the peanut butter and puffed rice.
– chopped dried fruit, nuts, seeds… whatever floats your boat, this is just for you!
Have you had a look at the analytics section of your phone to see just how much time you spend on it? How many times you pick it up in a day? Check each app? This isn't to make you feel badly, it's to see the whole picture. I'll out myself here, when I first checked...read more
November/December are the entertaining months. The months where the 'pop in' (my husband would be proud of me using a Seinfeld reference despite my lack of love for the show), is a big thing. If you want to be able to open your door without dread (for what they might...read more
If you’re anything like me then you've had years where you've had great intentions to be organised and ready for anything over the holidays but then somehow end up frazzled (I see you nodding your head). I have a few tricks to stay on top of things but one is keeping...read more
You guys know one of the best things you can do to get organised for Christmas is to sort the gifts early. Homemade gifts are one of my favourites especially when they are something that the person can consume. It means we're definitely not adding to clutter! Homemade...read more
I know budgeting can seem like such a stressful thing and often it's one of the MOST stressful things in any house, but, like I say with everything, it's the little things that add up. Step one is working out where all your money is going and where it's coming from...read more