This month’s theme: Your Schedule
The Facebook Group
(click the image to open)
Passionfruit & Lime Mock Mojito
prep 5 min : serves 3
- 2 passionfruit
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 3 tsp mint leaves, crushed plus extra for decoration
- 3 cups of homemade sparkling water in the SodaStream
- 2-3 limes
- Place one passionfruit and the sugar in a blender and blend until some of the seeds have broken down and there are no clumps of fruit.
- Fill each glass with ice and then add the mint leaves and a few small lime wedges.
- Divide the blended passionfruit between the three glasses.
- Pour over the sparkling water to fill the glass.
- Top each glass with the remaining passionfruit, a wedge of lime and extra mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Feel free to add a shot of white rum if you’d like an alcoholic version.
Fresh Veggie Salad
prep 15 min : serves 3
- 250g broccoli
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 small capsicum, deseeded
- a few kale leaves
- Handful of spinach leaves
- 1 baby zucchini
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp honey
- Handful of basil leaves
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp roasted chopped walnuts
- Place everything but the walnuts in a food processor and chop until fine.
- Toss through the nuts.
Keeps in the fridge for up to 4 days (as long as your yoghurt wasn’t about to expire).
Serve with BBQ meats.
Pork gyoza (dumplings)
prep 20 min : cook 15 min : serves 4
- 400g (14oz)lean pork mince
- 1 cup finely shredded white cabbage
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30 gow gee wrappers – I used wanton wrappers instead
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- sliced green onions, to serve
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place the pork mince, cabbage, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a bowl and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Place the wrappers on a chopping board or clean bench. To make the dumplings, spoon 1 heaped teaspoon of the mince mixture onto one side of the wrapper and brush the edges with cold water. Fold the other half of the wrapper over and pinch the sides together to seal it.
- Place the dumplings in a well-oiled steamer basket and steam for about 15 minutes. Once they’re cooked, sear one side of each one in a hot fry-pan until crispy.
- To make the sauce, mix the two ingredients together.
These can be frozen. Either cook then freeze or if you’re using fresh (not frozen) pork then you can freeze them fresh – pop them on a tray in a single layer and then once frozen you can transfer them to a bag or container.
Paleo Jersey Caramels
prep 15 min : serves 20 Squares
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed (or about 16 regular dried dates)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- A pinch of salt
- Combine the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until fine.
- Line the base and sides of a loaf tin and press the mixture in, smoothing it out with a spoon.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours to set and then cut into squares.
- Store in the fridge.
Have you had a look at the analytics section of your phone to see just how much time you spend on it? How many times you pick it up in a day? Check each app? This isn't to make you feel badly, it's to see the whole picture. I'll out myself here, when I first checked...read more
November/December are the entertaining months. The months where the 'pop in' (my husband would be proud of me using a Seinfeld reference despite my lack of love for the show), is a big thing. If you want to be able to open your door without dread (for what they might...read more
If you’re anything like me then you've had years where you've had great intentions to be organised and ready for anything over the holidays but then somehow end up frazzled (I see you nodding your head). I have a few tricks to stay on top of things but one is keeping...read more
You guys know one of the best things you can do to get organised for Christmas is to sort the gifts early. Homemade gifts are one of my favourites especially when they are something that the person can consume. It means we're definitely not adding to clutter! Homemade...read more
I know budgeting can seem like such a stressful thing and often it's one of the MOST stressful things in any house, but, like I say with everything, it's the little things that add up. Step one is working out where all your money is going and where it's coming from...read more